The Student Pastor will first and foremost be a spiritual leader above reproach. (I Timothy 3) The number one responsibility of an effective and faithful pastor is Godliness, humility, and integrity. Nothing gets in the way of faithful ministry within a church more than a leader compromising any of these responsibilities. As a result, a major part of this job description is to model the highest level of godliness through spiritual disciplines of prayer, Scripture reading, devotional reading, journaling, and/or fasting.
Lead students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by establishing environments, building teams and developing leaders in order to foster life change, discipleship, community, worship, and fun for students.
In particular, the Student Pastor will provide leadership in the areas of outreach, student transition, discipleship, and leadership. More specifically, this involves:
Lead 6th – 12th grade students in a FUN and exciting ministry that leads our students to faith and then a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and sends them out in to their schools to impact other students for Christ.
The Student Pastor and Family Ministries Pastor will intentionally work together to transition our 5th graders from NH Kids to student ministries, keeping the focus on Reach, Teach, and Release (Reach students for Christ, Teach the Bible, and Release fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ back into the world to again.) Throughout this entire process, Children’s and Student Ministry leaders will need to be intentional in working together to equip the entire family to participate in the discipleship process!
The Student ministry will consist of large, medium, and small life group experiences. As such, weekly Sunday celebrations, exciting retreats, Bible study/Discipleship training, leadership development, and effective life groups are vital to the life and health of this ministry!
The Student Pastor will oversee and help develop the Student Ministries Staff and programs.
The Student Pastor must be able to:
- Build, train, develop and lead a team of Staff and adult/student volunteers.
- Build a Student Leadership Team and Student Hospitality Team.
- Communicate effectively to a large and small group of students.
- Organize outreach events and establish a community presence in schools, clubs, etc.
- Create amazing student events throughout the year.
- Advocate and ensure excellence in ministry at all campus levels.
- Review ministry metrics and do whatever it takes to keep attendance, salvation, baptism, and Discipleship/Rooted/Life Groups engagement numbers growing, up and to the right.
- Be a self-starter with a commitment to excellence in ministry.
- Any other responsibilities deemed necessary for carrying out the vision of NewHope Church as part of the NewHope staff team!
- Able to communicate and cast vision of NewHope Church.
- Strong capability to migrate vision to actionable tactics and accomplishable goals.
- Spiritually gifted in shepherding to ensure an excellent student weekend experiences.
- Build and maintain strong cross organization relationships.
- Encourage, promote and lead spiritual wellness and growth for all staff and ministry participants.