Finance Office Manager
The Ministry Leader Finance is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of finance office including accounts payable and accounts receivable. They will help to ensure accurate and timely posting of books belonging to NewHope Church.
As the Finance Office Manager, you will first and foremost be a spiritual leader above reproach. (I Timothy 3) You will pursue Godliness, humility, and integrity since nothing gets in the way of faithful ministry within a church more than a leader compromising any of these values.
To manage all daily transactions and interactions ensuring GAAP compliance. Ensure the timely and accurate posting. This includes the following:
- Accounts Receivable
- Actively seek, place, and develop volunteer team members for the functions of ministry in this department.
- Manage the safety and security of collecting the weekend offering.
- Processing and ensuring the accuracy on the postings of all gifts, contributions and receipts to NewHope Church. (QuickBooks, Rock & Payment processors)
- Reconcilement of accounting software to database management tool for all gifts, contributions receipts, payments invoices and PR systems. (QuickBooks & Bank)
- Review all bank accounts on a daily and monthly basis ensuring correctness in posting and all account balances are correct.
- Accounts Payable
- Execute the daily posting of invoices to Quickbooks Enterprise ensuring accuracy and timeliness of payments. Execute weekly checks runs, direct deposits and bank payments.
- Manage the vendor file ensuring 1099 and W2’s are active, current and properly reported at year end.
- Oversee the daily activity of the ministry corporate credit card ensuring posting and receipt manage are timely and accurate. Ensure the proper tax separation for sales tax recapture.
- Audit, validate and execute the semi-annual sales tax recapture.
- Manage the Purchase Request system to ensure timely execution of payment / reimbursements.
- Month End Close
- Assist with the processing of all month end closing actions including reconciliations, posting of depreciation, loan and credit card payments. (This would include balance sheet reconciliations.)
- Ensure GAAP and FASB accounting standards are in place and met monthly.
- Develop and manage the monthly close process ensuring a correct set of books belonging to NewHope Church are in place.
- Facilitate a healthy culture within the team and ministry.
- Reconcile and post all related GL entries to accounting systems.
- Able to communicate and cast vision of NewHope Church.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and immediately act in situations that are outside the approved NewHope Church direction and ministry goals – follow identified Peacemaking steps.
- Build and maintain strong cross organization relationships.
- Encourage, promote and lead spiritual wellness and growth for all staff and ministry participants.
- Technical/Functional Expertise – Demonstrates strong technical/functional proficiencies and knowledge in areas of expertise specifically GAAP, FSLA, Audit Standards, ERISA, and other federally mandated requirements supporting the 503(c)(3) status.
- 5 to 7 years accounting/finance experience.
Finance, CPA or Business Administration degree preferred but not required