The Facilities Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities related to ensuring a commitment to excellence in the house of God. They will help to ensure that all facility functions of NewHope Church are operational, clean, and functional for ministry operations.
As the Facilities Manager, you will first and foremost be a spiritual leader above reproach. (I Timothy 3) You will pursue Godliness, humility, and integrity since nothing gets in the way of faithful ministry within a church more than a leader compromising any of these values.
The position requires a commitment to the calling of the NewHope Church to accomplish its Mission Reach people with the hope of Jesus, Teach them to follow God’s word and Release world changers. The position also requires:
- Leadership – Motivates, empowers, collaborates with volunteer leaders to accomplish daily facility needs.
- Creativity – Generate new and innovative ideas to improve existing or bring new systems to the ministry.
- Communication – Effective oral and written communication abilities at all levels of the organization.
- Action Oriented – Targets and achieves results, overcomes obstacles, accepts responsibility, and moves throughout the ministry with a “how can I help” attitude.
To manage all daily Facility functions ranging from cleaning to grounds to infrastructure and technical based needs. Ensure the excellence and timeliness are met. This includes the following:
- Actively seek, place, and develop volunteer team members (World Changers) for the functions of ministry in this department.
- Ensure property, buildings, infrastructure, and equipment is maintained in a safe and clean condition, available for use when needed.
- Coordinate proposals, bids and contracts for maintenance and repair of property, buildings, infrastructure, and equipment.
- Review current maintenance forms and automate as much as possible.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs; provide oversight for work on property, buildings, infrastructure, and equipment conducted by contracted vendor or volunteers.
- Create, maintain, and track general work/repair process and request log; provide weekly status reports to designated Ministry Staff, or on an as-needed basis.
- Conduct a visual inspection of Durham Campus property, infrastructure, and equipment monthly to identify immediate maintenance needs.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of all church properties, buildings, infrastructure, and equipment annually to develop/update a capital improvement plan identifying short-range, mid-range and long-range needs.
- Main point of contact for after business hours emergency security calls.
- In conjunction with Ministry Staff, review and coordinate the use of Durham Campus building space, to include details related to the responsibility for setup and breakdown of churchwide activities. Automate the paperwork or find an online application the team can use.
- Coordinate training and education for Ministry Staff and World Changers as related to safety and security of building, grounds and any other property required.
- Maintain up-to-date records for property, building, infrastructure and equipment warranties, maintenance, and vendor contracts.
- Maintain up-to-date records as required by any federal, state, or local regulation related to property, buildings, infrastructure, safety, or security.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all compliance inspections.
- Review annual facility budget and strive to reduce expenses and redundancy as much as possible.
- Main point of contact for any facility needs for the Sunday Worship Celebrations, hopetown, students and any other general ministry needs at the Durham Campus.
- Able to communicate and cast vision of NewHope Church.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and immediately act in situations that are outside the approved NewHope Church direction and ministry goals – follow identified Peacemaking steps.
- Build and maintain strong cross organization relationships.
- Encourage, promote and lead spiritual wellness and growth for all staff and ministry participants.
- 5 to 7 years facility management with functional equipment or engineering experience is preferred.